The 5 objectives of The Young Women Leaders Network are based on SDG 5: gender equality and empowerment of young women and girls.
- Goal United Nations: “Ensure women’s full and effective participation and equal opportunities for leadership at all levels of decisionmaking in political, economic and public life.”
Our objective: Young women leading change
Ensure that young women and girls speak for and represent themselves in all discussions and decision-making processes by investing in all women’s equitable representation for voice and agency.
- Goal United Nations: “Undertake reforms to give women equal rights to economic resources, as well as access to ownership and control over land and other forms of property, financial services, inheritance and natural resources, in accordance with national laws.”
Our objective: Economic empowerment of young women and girls for a brighter future for all
Invest in young women´s economic empowerment by closing gender gaps and traps, for smart economic growth that is sustainable and good for all.
- Goal United Nations: “Adopt and strengthen sound policies and enforceable legislation for the promotion of gender equality and the empowerment of all women and girls at all levels.”
Our objective: Recognise, reduce and redistribute for gender equality
Remove all legal restrictions to women´s economic opportunities. Close the gender gaps in labour outcomes – respect, protect and recognise all women´s unpaid responsibilities and work.
- Goal United Nations: “Ensure universal access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights as agreed in accordance with the Programme of Action of the International Conference on Population and Development and the Beijing Platform for Action and the outcome documents of their review conferences.”
Our objective: A healthy life for full participation
Recognise the links between sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) to the economic empowerment of all young women and girls. For comprehensive SRHR services towards a positive life of quality information and choice, free from violence and gender-based discrimination.
- Goal United Nations: “Enhance the use of enabling technology, in particular information and communications technology, to promote the empowerment of women.”
Our objective: Using technology for young women’s empowerment
Educate young women and girls on the use of technology as a tool for national advocacy related to the SDG’s, through information sharing and knowledge exchange. Making information and communications technology accessable and useful to all.